Posted to rec.woodworking

Default what's the opposite of "Obtainium"?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:36:42 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

on Tue, 27 Apr 2021 20:59:45 -0400 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:

[snip]

The reason we had to replace the clutch was that the starter took out
the ring gear. I got pretty good at jump starting the car and could
do it by myself (not all that safe but I was 19 or 20, invincible) but
SWMBO wasn't pleased with the situation.

Try push starting a diesel bus. The one time it was Mark and me
... fortunately, we were parked on a slope. {starter failed, we were
long way from home. "It seemed normal" to us.}

After the Rustang II, we had a '78 Granada. It was probably the best
car we had until at least 2000. No issues, other than rust. V-6,
4-door and stick transmission (three on the tree). Nothing to go
wrong, except the $@## 1 bbl Carter carb. The thing would die at
least once a year and it would take at least two to find one that
worked. When it failed the screwedriver in the choke trick ended up
pumping a stream of gas on the windshield. "I don't think this is
supposed to happen, says I". Of course, the air cleaner was soaked
with gas.

Anyway, back to the story... There was a hole in the door that the
water caused a rust stain down the side of the door. Friends called
it my "Liberian Tanker". (OK, the carb was a better story.)

[chop]

I knew a guy that was an auto mechanic and also plowed snow as
a side job. He built a plow truck by mounting a Pacer body on a 4x4
truck chassis. He said he wanted the extra visibility provided by the
Pacer's expansive glass. Funny looking vehicle, but it got the job done.

Uh, what model is it?
Well, it's a '49, '50, '51, '52, '53,
'54, '55, '56, '57, '58, '59 automobile
It's a '60, '61, '62, '63, '64, '65, '66, '67
'68, '69, '70 automobile

"Negatyory on the cost of this mo-cheen. Might say I picked it up
at the factory.."