Posted to uk.d-i-y
%%[_2_] %%[_2_] is offline

Default NHS app and vaccination passport.

"Chris Green" wrote in message
%% wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
You don't need a vaccine passport, just like you don't need an
internet connection. It helps, and definately makes modern life
easier,
but it is not essential.

I still have my vaccine passport as issued by WHO 50 years ago, with
my
Yellow
Fever etc jabs duly noted in it.

Yes, why can't we have something like that? It would have to be
updated a bit to make it more difficult to forge/fake but otherwise
should be OK.

At the moment I still don't understand how one's "vaccine passport"
(on a phone, or a piece of paper, or whatever) is going to be
validated.

Same way that electronic passports and drivers
licenses are, confirm with a central database.

Confirm *what* with a "central database"?

That its a real passport and that the photo etc
has not been changed.

The DVLA's

I wasnt talking about UK DVLAs, digital driver's licenses in general.

purpose is to know about my driving license and what's on it.

Is there a similar place where one can find
out who has been inoculated against what?

In some countries, yep.

I'm not totally convinced that the NHS is capable of doing
this, it's very difficult often to get records from one hospital
to another or from one's GP to hospital and vice versa.

But easy enough to fix that with vaccination.

Given that Covid-19 inoculations may be given by different
organisations will they really all be recorded in one, accessible,
place?

No reason why that can't be done as with driver's licenses and passports.

The old yellow fever (and other) ones were officially stamped
at the time one was vaccinated but there seems to be no
similar system to 'prove' one has been Covid-19 vaccinated.

Thats what the electronic vaccine passport does.

No one 'offically stamped' anything that I was aware of when I got my
Covid-19 inoculation. Maybe they did but the checking of identity
wasn't very rigorous, nothing like the requirements for a passport.

Again, that can be changed.

... and how do you prove you are who you
say you are from your mobile phone?

Using your fingerprint or face id.