Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Cooked something with gas whilst boiler was off - Need to purgepipes before using cooker?

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 3:36:44 AM UTC+1, JonnyWindsor wrote:
Whilst the boiler was off, I cooked some eggs using the remaining gas in the pipes. Right now I am the only one home so I'm not worried about anyone using the cooker to blow everyone up. I have purged the cooker (just set all the cooker valves to open) for about 3 minutes but have no idea whether it has made a difference. The pipeline is probably about ten metres. Any help?

I think you need to explain what is so peculiar about your personal circumstances that cooking with the boiler off should be in any way a problem!

If you managed to cook an egg its most unlikely that your gas supply was interrupted and Im at a loss to imagine why you think turning the boiler off should affect your cooker.

Tim