Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 04:40:05 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 3:03:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 23:43:31 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:41:00 -0400, wrote:

Once everyone is vaccinated who wants to be, why are we not "lettn ur
rip"?
Let Darwin decide who dies.

Which country does that? The US obviously doesn't operate that way and
never has.
We do it with motorcycle helmets.
If you don't wear one, Darwin gets a swing at you and the government
doesn't care.
The original story was we wanted to limit infection to prevent
overloading hospitals
We are there and have been for quite a while in the US.

Then it was we need to build herd immunity.
Between the vaccine and natural cases, we are about as close as we
will get. They can't fill all the vaccine slots they have now. Anyone
who wants the shot can get it.

Masks have gone from "the general public doesn't need a mask" to "Wear
2". The CDC has finally relaxed the rule and said if you are outside,
all alone, you don't need one. (like people outside all alone ever
needed one).

The lock down thing is, at best, inconclusive.
States that are wide open like Florida are not doing any worse than
states that are locked down.

You folks really need to pick a story and stick to it.

What is it about science that bothers you? Why do you have a hard time
with
the concept of learning as we go and adapting to what we learn? Where
is it
written that "In the beginning everything will be known and no new
information will be discovered"? I haven't seen that written anywhere.

So they are basing policy on the latest guess.

There you go again.

This is far from
settled science and you seem to be admitting that.
I am about to be done with all of this crap. I had my shots, it's been
3 weeks. What else do you want?

A modicum of common sense doesn't seem like too much to ask.
Basically you are saying this will never end because there will always
be the chance of infection no matter what we do.

If the vaccine is working, why are we still wearing masks?

That has been explained to you many times, in detail here. Yet you keep
asking.

If the vaccine is not working, what is your idea of an end game?

The vaccine is working, it's just that we need as many people as possible
get vaccinated. One person who could do a lot there is Trump. Yet as
usual, he's MIA. He could be making public service commercials, urging
the Trumpets that think he's a god, to get vaccinated. Instead, what did
he
do? He got vaccinated in secret and won't speak out. Why? He knows
that
all the anti-mask, anti-social distancing, anti-vax BS that he helped
create
is still going strong. He won't say anything because it would cost him
some
support. And that's one thing Trump will never do, risk ****ing off
anyone who
supports him, whether they are anti-vaxers, Qanon, or white supremacists.
The only thing Trump cares about is that they like him and he won't do
anything to upset that. A true scum bag to the end.

I doubt we will ever get to zero chance of an infection.
There are certainly plenty of small businesses that will never open
again. I know, **** them. You still get your government check every
month.

What do you expect? It's a pandemic and pandemics throughout history have
had serious consequences and major negative effects.

Nothing has been explained.

Another bare faced lie.

I only hear the contradictory statements from the guessers.

Another bare faced lie.

You folks say nothing is 100% but you are not going
to take your knee off the neck of the economy

There is no knee on the neck of the economy, liar.

until we get to 100%.

Another bare faced lie.

We started by saying we were going to flatten
the curve so the hospitals could handle the flow.

We did that. The hospitals were never really overloaded
except for a few isolated places, mostly ones that have
little capacity in the first place

And then we noticed that 600K had been killed
by the virus and that it might well be a good
idea to avoid more of that happening.

Corse fools like you couldn't care less about them,
what matters to you clowns is that you don't have
to wear a mask and can do anything you like.

We were going to run out of ventilators
and everyone was trying to make more.

We never ran out and now they are a glut on the market. I know
a guy with a warehouse full he can't sell if you have a local issue

There will always be some false steps with any new pandemic, ****wit.

The vaccine was what we needed
We have it

But plenty like Muggles etc too stupid to use it.

Lock downs and masks work.

Yep, the much more rigorous lockdown, including
a curfew, that Melbourne Australia had in their
second wave worked very well indeed.

Explain why states with draconian measures
are doing worse than those without.

That's another bare faced lie. And you clowns
never had a real lockdown anywhere and were
too stupid to stop people entering the country too.

This is far from settled science,

Yep, settled science cant happen in the first
year of such a virulent pandemic, ****wit.

It is arguable that there is little actual
science involved in these policies at all.

Only arguable by fools like you.

Explain how what we have been doing science here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scient...fic_Method.svg

The vaccine trials, ****wit.