Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default NHS app and vaccination passport.

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:05:02 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Although Samsung don't have an update for this, there are ways of
installing it yourself:

https://www.nextpit.com/how-to-get-a...sung-galaxy-s4

That looks a bit above my paygrade.

Is that the right term? Shouldn't it be 'Outside my skillset' or
similar? I have followed such things before with success and might be
convinced to try doing so on my S4 (for you / me) to see 1) How easy
it is 2) what I get once it's done (I know I should get a good phone
running a more up-to-date OS but such things often come with a catch
where even a small one can be a dealbreaker) and 3), how likely it is
to completely brick the phone forever, or if it could be recovered
under all circumstances (even if it cost something (within reason)
etc)?

Does anyone offer this service?

I'm sure many 'corner' Phone Shops and phone geeks might, I'll ask
mine. You could also ask on uk.telecom.mobile as there may be such
near you (private person who would do it for a drink or shop).

snip

The S4 has an excellent snapshot camera, which I use a great deal.

Agreed, that said, I think the S7 camera is better but the S4 still
better than many at the time.

Perhaps
the main reason I bought it in the first place.

For me it was a pleasant surprise, over and above a good 'phone'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m