Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Is 14V cordless sds drill ok for diy?

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 10:22:01 AM UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
I see that some cordless sds drills have massive 24V/36V, which makes
me wonder how a 14V model would cope with drilling holes through walls
--

Mike

The trend has generally to up the voltage on power tools. I do not know about battery SDS drills preferring my mains powered type, but when I went up from 12V to 18V for my hammer action drill it was quite a difference in performance I suppose some of the difference might have been due to changing from a DIY Bosch to a professional DeWalt as well as changing from NiCads to LiOn but there was a noticeable difference in drilling ability most of which I put down to the increased voltage.

Richard