Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:10:12 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Once everyone is vaccinated who wants to be, why are we not "lettn ur
rip"?
Let Darwin decide who dies.

The original story was we wanted to limit infection to prevent
overloading hospitals
We are there and have been for quite a while in the US.

Then it was we need to build herd immunity.
Between the vaccine and natural cases, we are about as close as we
will get. They can't fill all the vaccine slots they have now. Anyone
who wants the shot can get it.

Masks have gone from "the general public doesn't need a mask" to "Wear
2". The CDC has finally relaxed the rule and said if you are outside,
all alone, you don't need one. (like people outside all alone ever
needed one)

I am with you. Give it a couple of months and when everyone has a
chance go get vccanated, go back to normal and let Darwin decide.

There was an artical in the local paper about having shots that are not
being used because of no takers.

Most of the pandemic 'rules' remind me of what a supervisor at work said
one time. I what I say may not be correct , but I have to say
something, that is my job.

I can't speak for the rest of the country but if you want a shot, you
can have one here and it has been that way for almost a month. Once
supply caught up with demand, the rollout included all of the big
commercial pharmacies and the county finally got their act together
you just signed up and got your shots. We didn't have to stand in line
or play one of those "caller # 99" games on the internet.
Now it is just show up and get a shot, like the flu shots. They can't
give away all they have available.
I think it is time to tell the anti vax folks, "You made your choice,
here we come" and throw away these silly masks.
The state is already open and has been since last year.
The doomsday scenario didn't happen. We get some cases and the numbers
rise and fall but the fact is you have as good a chance of dying in
your car as you do from dying of Covid here right now (about 50 a week
in the last hyped up "spike").