Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Web site errors

On 27/04/2021 17:47, Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:
Just in the last couple of weeks I am getting a lot of errors when
trying to access some websites that previously I've not had a problem with.

The error message is "The connection to the server was reset while the
page was loading". In the past when I have occasionally had this message
I could get past it by reloading the page, but now that doesn't help.
The websites are simply not available to me.

Another unrelated problem seems to be to do with something called
Cloudflare. With some websites (not the above ones) I get a message
stating something like "Error 520 Website is returning an unknown error
... Browser working ... Cloudflare working ... Host error". This too has
only arisen in the past couple of weeks.

Anybody got any clues?

Could you be any vaguer about what OS platform and browser version you
are running and which websites in particular are causing you problems.

Misconfigured HTTPS at the server or browser failing to understand some
recent improvement or other is a fair candidate for glitches. Sometimes
it can just be an overloaded popular site server with particularly bad
content management which basically just croaks at busy times of day.

Most often that load problem manifests as images that never load.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown