Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - let's bring it home

On 28/04/2021 08:08, jon wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 13:06:48 -0700, Bazza wrote:

Football as we used to know it was a local community matter. Let's bring
it back home!
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/583310

I have never willingly watched football, seems silly like bat and ball.

I've tried all sports as spectator sports. As spectacles, they are all
pretty dire. Only if you actually know something about the strategy,
tactics or technology is there any interest.

Sadly there seems to be no technology or strategy in football, and very
few tactics.

Cricket is massively strategic. Rugby is massively tactical. Motor
racing is massively technological.

Sailing is tactics and a little technology.

Snooker is all tactics, given the skill.

These are all things I can bear to watch.

Athletics - well its mostly pure skill, and having the right body to
start with. Yawn. I'd rather watch hot chicks on a catwalk.

If you want a spectacle, go to an airshow.

let them."