Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Wickes timber ordering

polygonum_on_google wrote:
But why do they tell me no delivery slots for a specific product? When I
can get effectively the same product by changing lengths? I can see that
if the product is out of stock, they expressly tell me that! It isn't
even as if the products require a longer lorry rather than a van, or
whatever. Some of my successful substitutes are actually longer.

I have no idea how it works, but to note Wickes is part of the Travis
Perkins empire. I imagine some of the stock is direct-ship from suppliers,
some from a different part of the empire and some of it might be coming from
branches (Wickes or TP). It may be that if you end up with stock from
different sources it can't organise them together.

Theo