Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default OT: Car battery volt drop

On 27/04/2021 08:49, T i m wrote:

Is this a lithium pack alan?

Yes, the power brick is 6 x 3x 1.5 inches with a torch and USB socket
as well as the short jumper lead.

DBpower DJS10

It comes in a robust 9 x 5 x 4 inch case containing all the accessories
(mains charging adapter, 12V charging adapter, USB lead, short jumper lead)

I have a lithium pack that I have used successfully many times but as
you say, you do need to ensure it's kept reasonably 'ready' (not sure
it's good to keep lithiums at 100% charge when in storage) whereas the
super capacitive starters don't need to be kept ready, so could be
better for true long term 'emergency' use.

Mine seems to have lasted at least 4 years and if unused for 6
months(ish) its down to, say, 80% capacity (full charge is 5 leds lit,
after 6 months 4 leds lit before recharge)

I think they are much more expensive though.

Around £30?