Posted to uk.d-i-y
Algernon Goss-Custard Algernon Goss-Custard is offline

Default Email client with permissions?

alan_m posted

The most annoying thing I've found with Thunderbird is when the email
is received in a html(?) format and a web browser has to be called up
to open and to read it.

Not in my (old) version; there is a setting "View - Message Body As -
Original HTML".

The mail once opened in a web browser then goes missing from the list
and a re-index of the folder has to be performed to make it appear
again. It doesn't happen every time but in the past few years enough
times to realise this is happening and the re-index is my first choice
when I cannot find something (usually something I have read hours
before, with a tracking number etc.).

Yes, my wife (who uses a later version of Thunderbird) often has trouble
with messages going missing, requiring a re-index.

--
Algernon