Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Tidy?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 21:21:26 +0100, "NY" wrote:

snip

It's when you start to think of even chocolate containing milk and therefore
being off-limits to vegans

What? Where have you been FFS, living in a cave for the last 10 years!

Do you not have a TV and see any adverts, do you not go shopping and
look around as you move, or do you just buy a freezer full of animal
carcases and munch your way though those? ;-(

that I think some people have got their
morality:enjoyment-of-life balance a bit skewed ;-)

Yes, if you think it's 'ok' to enjoy your life at the cost of an
animals (when you don't 'need' to) and risk your own health in the
process then I guess you would do?

I have great admiration
for people who respect animals to that extent, but I like meat and animal
products too much (and hate the alternatives too much) to entertain it
myself.

Again, it all seems to be about you and you don't appear to have much
of an actual clue about the alternatives?

As a matter of interest, is there any reason why chocolate can't be made
with non-animal milk (eg soya/oat milk)?

sigh No, I guess because you have said you CGAF about the suffering
of animals ... as long as you get your pleasure, why *would* you
bother to Google 'vegan chocolate' and see all the options out there?

I have about 10 bars of (dark, my preference, daughter has just done
our shopping) vegan chocolate in the fridge and the Mrs has similar
number in white chocolate (her preference). We have plain and almond
vegan Magnum ice creams in the freezer, a cupboard filled with vegan
crisps and cereal bars and vegan pizza, burgers and sausages in the
freezer (along with all the frozen veg of course).

https://www.benjerry.co.uk/flavours/non-dairy

For brunch I made cooked vegan sausages, mushroom, re-heated some
leftover chips and some baked beans. Tonight we have just had peanut
butter and cucumber sandwiches with a vegan fruit yogurt for pudding.

I now fancy a last cuppa (before bed), using oat milk and with one of
my home made vegan rock cakes ...

Cheers, T i m