Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Decent replacement phone battery supplier?

On 26/04/2021 17:30, alan_m wrote:
On 26/04/2021 16:28, newshound wrote:

Agreed. I think the Chinese have figured out for themselves that
skimping on battery QA is self defeating. My experience with two or
three dozen non-oem phone, camera, and cordless tool batteries is that
problems are very infrequent. I've certainly never had an extreme
failure.

I've found the opposite with two phones and one camera. Replacement
batteries (always described as genuine) have failed within 3 months.
Batteries from another (random) supplier have since lasted well, so far.
There was practically no price difference between the good and bad
batteries.

Agreed. That's why I took caution in choosing a supplier.

I have replaced a few batteries in mobile phones, satnavs and tablets,
and bargains from eBay and Amazon have mostly been nothing more than
frauds. They recycle parts cleaning to look like new, not manufacture -
a process with expensive tooling and QA, not all can afford. Have a look
on eBay for factory tours.

The work (and risk for me) in disassembling a fiddly expensive phone,
and having not to repeat that exercise again in a short time, makes it
worthwhile.

Releasing double sided sticky tape from the back of a charged Li-Ion
phone battery without damaging it and letting out the demon wisps, is
not my idea of fun. Even worse if an overcharged damaged battery is
boating. So the less time done with me wielding dental floss approaching
the target in bomb disposal mode, the better

Then some would say I'm a bit of a wuss....

--
Adrian C