Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default what's the opposite of "Obtainium"?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 09:52:14 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/25/2021 8:42 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 17:07:12 -0400, J. Clarke
wrote:

Snip

Between 1900 and 1975 the US managed to invent and bring into
production the airplane, nuclear power, computers, and the capability
to land on the Moon.

With the people born in the '30 and '40s. The millenials live in
mommy's basement and play X-Box. We were talking about 60 the last 60
years.

Well in all fairness, vehicles built in the US were pieces of crap from
72~2000. Progressively getting better year by year. Emission systems
that hardly worked and wasted fuel was not healthier for the earth.

Seems this is when the Japanese entered our market and pretty much
showed us how a vehicle should be built.

Glad you only went back to 1972 !
1971 MotorTrend's Car Of The Year
Chevy Vega ... :-)
John T.