Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Tidy?

On 26/04/2021 00:07, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 07:26:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Add high levels of protein, zinc, iron, vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty
acids and you have the holy grail of nutrition right there.

(things you can get without causing pain and suffering to an animal).

Of course, through improvements in animal welfare. But you won't support
or endorse these campaigns.

Pity about the lack of taste.

1) Most things are said to taste like chicken (which is pretty bland).

And can only be claimed by fanatical vegans or those who have lost their
taste. I expect you would say white wine has no taste too.

2) Many people put plants or spices (Esp Col Sanders) on their meat to
make it taste 'nice'.

Of course variety is the spice of life. I rather like the taste of roast
chicken too.

3) Or you burn the meat and make it carcinogenic.

I would have thought you would mention processed meats ahead of burnt meat.

4) Or you don't heat (or store) meat properly and it gives you food
poisoning.

Storage issues also apply to plant foods. I am happier with frozen
chicken as the freezing process generally kills campylobacter.

I hope you cook your veggies you eat to reduce the risk of e-coli.

5) You don't wash your hands or food surfaces properly after handling
raw meat and it gives you food poisoning.

Even children in class are told to wash hand while preparing meat. It is
a well know procedure, a bit like being taught to look right and left
before crossing a read.

6) Few would eat meat if they had to kill it themselves. This is
because it's 'out of sight, out of mind' (often in a window less
building in the middle of nowhere) and years of conditioning and not
aligning their actions with their morals. They provide safe passage
for a hedgehog but then eat a rabbit (unless you are Tyson Fury).

I was happy to gut and eat fish. In the UK slaughter must be carried
under strict conditions. So unlikely for most people would ever get the
opportunity.

7) You protect a cat or dog with your life but take the life of a lamb
just to eat it's flesh.

Generally if there is a choice between either a dog owner or the dog
surviving, only a fanatic on a crusade would put the dog before him.

One can only assume that the fanatic doesn't value his own live, or
think it's worth living from not being allowed to eat meat.

https://ibb.co/sbVjVH1

Oh the irony of your pic. The context is most important and the
circumstances of the quote as that Voltaire was responding to the
subject of beating dogs.

Given you admit to not care about the welfare of animals while they are
alive the pic shows your desperation to try and stop us eating meat as
part of a healthy balanced diet.

You're failing badly in your quest.