Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default LiPo vs Rechargeable Lithium 123

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 18/04/2021 13:46, Nick Odell wrote:

Marketing?

I have lots of pound shop NiMh AA rechargeable batteries - I know,
they are completely different but when some similar cells are
available at 2100mAh, the ones made for pound shops are invariably
350/750/800mAh

When a phone has a replacement battery capacity far in excess of that
supplied with the phone you can be sure the higher capacity is a work of
fiction.

It's much the same with any other battery in that if the capacity is far
in excess of that from reputable battery manufacturers then the no-name
manufacturers are lying.

I forget which manufacturer t was, but one firm said the reason that their
phones weer catching fire was because people were fitting non OEM batteries.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England