Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Tidy?

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

As a blind person let me say that one has to be tidy ones self, but not
allow any others to use their form of tidy in your house as that means you
will never find anything whatsoever.

Yes.

One would think if we all share the same biology and brain design that a
logical place to put stuff for one would be the same for somebody else.

It would be completely silly to think that given that
we see so much variation in what people prefer etc.

No its not, and for goodness sake if all your cds are filed, never let
others take them out read the booklet and put them back as in a couple of
visits, you will need to do the filing over again.

"R D S" wrote in message
We were looking for a multimeter at work the other day. No fruit at the
time but have since stumbled on it.

We've a new 'tidy' member of staff who because it had been left out had
put it in a drawer with some other completely unrelated items, somewhere
you'd never have thought to look.

It reminded me of when my tidy sister came to stay at my house some years
ago and the phone got cut off.
Thinking i'd no outstanding bills and certainly no reminder, a penny
dropped that i'd not seen any mail for a while so I enquired.
She'd been putting my mail under the stairs unhappy with the way I didn't
immediately deal with it.

I can't decide if we should all be be tidy, communicate better or just
leave each other's **** alone.