Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default well tank problem

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 18:54:56 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to
digest...

In article , "frank says...

That is not as small as I thought. I think my old ones were that size
but newer is bigger. I never had to deal with putting air in and once
checked measured OK.

I think this tank is suppose to hold about 3 to 4 gallons of water.
There was one about half this size or smaller when I bought the house
about 15 years ago. It went bad, but the bladder had burst or had a
hole in it as water would come out of the air valve at the top when the
stem was depressed.

So far this tank has not put out any water through the air valve so I am
thinking the bladder should be ok. I can see adding air due to slow
leaks over a number of years, but can not see how in a day or two it can
gain air.

Just a SWAG is it back feeding from the water heater?

--
Tekkie