Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Tidy?

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 14:19:48 -0400, Paul
wrote:

T i m wrote:

[1] The Mrs wouldn't know what half of my stuff is / does so doesn't
even try to 'tidy it up'. Plus, why should she? ;-)

This is the "man cave" concept.

Well, it's probably something. ;-)

That towels belong on the bathroom floor.
That's a man cave.

Funnily that's one of the few things that don't generally happen here.
;-)

The perception of housing, of males and females is
different.

I think it used to be, that's for sure, now however, I think many men
have been browbeaten, indoctrinated by TV, the 'do up your house to
this std form' shows so have lost that cause. ;-(

For the female, the condition of the
house is a reflection of her. If anything is out
of place, a visiting female will award a demerit
for the infraction. Via continuous-community-chat,
the demerit will make the rounds, for all to hear
about. "She obviously does not own a Hoover."

Ah, that bit is probably true (for many).

As an example of an obscure metric, pick up one
of your drinking glasses, one with a "fog" on the
finish because it isn't atomic-scientist-clean.
There are severe demerits for dish washing skills,
even if a machine did it. It reflects that the
maintainer did not put enough attention into
details. I've heard so many stories about
foggy drinking glasses, I'm sick of it :-)

That's probably partly why we don't encourage visitors. ;-)

The description always begins with a setup,
validating why atomic-scientist examination
was attempted. The person here wasn't actually
thirsty, and the first part of the sentence is
an embellishment.

"I wanted to have a drink of water, took a look
at her drinking glasses, and decided "better not"."

Crazy. I'll tip the remains of the tea out of a mug, fill it with
water from the cold tap and drink it. I guess this is why those sorts
of people don't go camping but demand a mint on their pillow.

An atomic-scientist did not approve this glass.
Only electron microscopy will determine what
foul substance is on the glass. "Burn it with fire"
would be an example of a response. We must find
a way to purge the item, to make it whole again.
There will be a ceremony. You will have to dry the
item, as she washes them. And so on.

It may not be just chance that brought my Mrs and I together as I
don't have to deal with any of that. She's certainly not 'SWMBO' and
the arrangement is mutual.

But I agree, I think it's sad we have gone from having homes where we
would do most things, inc service the motorbike in the kitchen if
required and now seem to be as obsessed with the 'demeriting' (or fear
thereof) from someone who isn't even connected or have any real status
over you.

If the Mrs couldn't get to the kitchen because I was working on
something in there (like a cycle, motorbike engine or the washing
machine), all she would ask is that I did the cooking for fear of her
moving or disturbing something. There is a good reason she's so
supportive, it could be her cycle or motorbike engine I'm working on.
;-)

Cheers, T i m