Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Tidy?

T i m wrote:

[1] The Mrs wouldn't know what half of my stuff is / does so doesn't
even try to 'tidy it up'. Plus, why should she? ;-)

This is the "man cave" concept.

That towels belong on the bathroom floor.
That's a man cave.

The perception of housing, of males and females is
different. For the female, the condition of the
house is a reflection of her. If anything is out
of place, a visiting female will award a demerit
for the infraction. Via continuous-community-chat,
the demerit will make the rounds, for all to hear
about. "She obviously does not own a Hoover."

As an example of an obscure metric, pick up one
of your drinking glasses, one with a "fog" on the
finish because it isn't atomic-scientist-clean.
There are severe demerits for dish washing skills,
even if a machine did it. It reflects that the
maintainer did not put enough attention into
details. I've heard so many stories about
foggy drinking glasses, I'm sick of it :-)
The description always begins with a setup,
validating why atomic-scientist examination
was attempted. The person here wasn't actually
thirsty, and the first part of the sentence is
an embellishment.

"I wanted to have a drink of water, took a look
at her drinking glasses, and decided "better not"."

An atomic-scientist did not approve this glass.
Only electron microscopy will determine what
foul substance is on the glass. "Burn it with fire"
would be an example of a response. We must find
a way to purge the item, to make it whole again.
There will be a ceremony. You will have to dry the
item, as she washes them. And so on.

Paul