Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Realigning guttering

Andrew wrote:
The only stuff I would avoid is Hunter plastics, as sold in Wickes.
The connectors are very difficult to 'snap' into the locked position,
something you don't want to do at the top of a ladder.

It turns out that we have the Freeflow Square Line system, the bracket being
FRS609:
https://plasticsuppliesdirect.co.uk/...ket-white.html

It appears the derating for a 5m gutter with the outlet at the end isn't so
bad:

Level gutter: 1.10 litres/sec
1:600 gradient: 1.55 litres/sec

so it is possible I might get away with just repositioning the downpipe if
the existing gradient - which isn't obvious by looking at it - is flat
enough.

If that doesn't work, I might have to make up some shims to slide the
brackets up and down, or to drill extra holes in the brackets to realign.

Another one for the todo list...

Theo