Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default Yosser Hughes is alive and well

On 24/04/2021 06:51 am, ARW wrote:
On 24/04/2021 01:57, JNugent wrote:
On 23/04/2021 07:26 pm, ARW wrote:
On 23/04/2021 18:26, Adrian wrote:
In message , JNugent
writes
"The Blackstuff" depicted the gang mustering in Liverpool and
travelling by crewbus to Yorkshire (Leeds, I think - the setting
for most of the action).

IIRC the bulk of the action was somewhere on Teesside, not that it
alters the story at all.

The wall Yosser badly built was filmed in Liverpool.

All of the series was made in Liverpool. Offhand, I can't think of a
scene set elsewhere.

It was the building site of a new hospital at the end of Edgeware Road.

:-)

Not quite!

The hospital is on the other side of the main road. There is no
Edgeware Road (nor even an Edgware Road) in Liverpool.

Edge Lane?

Yes, Edge Lane is a main thoroughfare (the main route into the city from
the western end of the M62).

At its nearest (ie, at its own western end), Edge Lane is about a
quarter of a mile from the location under discussion. The two points are
connected by the street known as Hall Lane, plus a bit added on at the
northern end to get round to Harper Street.