Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Yosser Hughes is alive and well

On 24/04/2021 01:57, JNugent wrote:
On 23/04/2021 07:26 pm, ARW wrote:
On 23/04/2021 18:26, Adrian wrote:
In message , JNugent
writes
"The Blackstuff" depicted the gang mustering in Liverpool and
travelling by crewbus to Yorkshire (Leeds, I think - the setting for
most of the action).

IIRC the bulk of the action was somewhere on Teesside, not that it
alters the story at all.

The wall Yosser badly built was filmed in Liverpool.

All of the series was made in Liverpool. Offhand, I can't think of a
scene set elsewhere.

It was the building site of a new hospital at the end of Edgeware Road.

:-)

Not quite!

The hospital is on the other side of the main road. There is no Edgeware
Road (nor even an Edgware Road) in Liverpool.

I am familiar with the location (Prescot Street, L7) - it was very local
to us as children. AAMOF, the building in whose "grounds" the wall was
erected (and inside which was the balustrade to which an escape rope was
attached) was the old Harper Street Police Station and Bridewell, on a
familiar route from primary school to the local woodwork centre a half
mile away.

Ta. And it is 30 years since I was last the-)

--
Adam