Posted to uk.d-i-y
William Wright William Wright is offline

Default Long telescopic ladders?

On 23/11/2020 09:18, No Name wrote:
Well don't. That's dangerous. The safe angle depends on the ground, the
landing place at the top and whether it can be secured, the type of
ladder, the load, and the weather conditions. There's no way 65 or 70
degrees -- or any other angle -- can be right for every situation.

Bill, The 3 section ladder I have is a Hailo, and there are stickers on
both stiles that explicitly state that the ladder should be at 65 to 70
degree angle to the ground so to me thats clearly a manufacturer's
stated instruction.

It's still wrong. But what do I know, after using ladders all day and
every day for 45 years?

Bill