Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chade Chade is offline

Default Sthil ms260 rebuild

On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 11:31:12 PM UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 15:09:45 -0700 (PDT), Chade
wrote:

snip
I have two other chainsaws in the shed that are not running right one a bequest and one I was previously told was obsolete with parts unavailable.

What you sometimes find is a lull between the manufacturer stocking a
part and aftermarket manufacturers stepping in to fill the (then
fairly limited) niche.
Yet When I inquired at the place that looked at the MS260 they swore they could still get them by ordering direct from Sthil.

Might be worth dragging them out and giving them a look over, now you
have had success with the MS260. ;-)

You can easily check for spark, compression, see if it's getting fuel
etc etc, then if it does start but rattles you have a better idea what
you might be in for.

I have another post on this thread about the Sthil 026. The other problem saw is a sthil 038av. It starts okay, sounds okay but only runs about two minutes before cutting out.