Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Sthil ms260 rebuild

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 15:12:15 -0700 (PDT), Chade
wrote:

snip

This is standard first call with a saw that has become difficult to
start, most often the damage is on the hot exhaust gas side and you can
see there the aluminium has smeared on the ring.

It was ok starting just overheated and cut out after a few minutes work. There were some scratches to be seen on the piston and cylinder but I would not say anything had smeared.

Just for the S&G's I put a new ring in a blower that had broken it's
ring and scratched the bore and whilst it did actually run, it didn't
run well (unsurprisingly). ;-)

Cheers, T i m