Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default well tank problem

In article , "frank says...

Let us know how you make out. Over 2 years ago when I needed a new well
the well digger put in a new bigger tank which he said old tank was
failing but the plumber who first looked at my problem said pressure was
OK in the old tank. The old might have been 10 years old and that was
about all the lifetime I was getting from them.

I have a plumber lined up for nextg week. I could replace the tank
myself, but I hate dealing with plumbing problems. I did put that tank
in myself a number of years ago,but forgot how long. If the bladder had
a hole in it, I would think that the tank would work ok if it had air in
the top and I may need to add air from time to time. Just do not see
how it can keep building pressure and I keep letting air out.