Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default leaking quick-disconnect for faucet to garden house.

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 08:36:13 -0400, micky
wrote:

I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)
It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?
Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when
the faucet isn't on much.
The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?
One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almost closed,
the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Something like this ?

https://tinyurl.com/4x926dk8

Leaking from the threaded-on connection ? or
leaking from the snap-together connection ? both ?
John T.