Posted to alt.home.repair

Default leaking quick-disconnect for faucet to garden house.

I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?

Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when
the faucet isn't on much.

The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.

Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?

One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almot closed,
the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.

Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 08:36:13 -0400, micky
wrote:

I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)
It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?
Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when
the faucet isn't on much.
The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?
One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almost closed,
the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Something like this ?

https://tinyurl.com/4x926dk8

Leaking from the threaded-on connection ? or
leaking from the snap-together connection ? both ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)
It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?
Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when
the faucet isn't on much.
The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?
One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almost closed,
the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Something like this ?

https://tinyurl.com/4x926dk8

Leaking from the threaded-on connection ? or
leaking from the snap-together connection ? both ?
John T.

I've got several of them and while easily swapping nozzles, sprinklers
is convenient- they do leak.

And mine do so from both the connection and the threads which like to
back out from being hand-tight. Leaking from the connection happens if
you apply lateral force to it. Sometimes crud gets into the connection
and makes leaking worse.

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)
It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?
Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when
the faucet isn't on much.
The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?
One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almost closed,
the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Something like this ?

https://tinyurl.com/4x926dk8

Leaking from the threaded-on connection ? or
leaking from the snap-together connection ? both ?
John T.

Common sense says it shouldn't leak at all. That doesn't matter if it's a 1/4" tubing connection or an 8" irrigation
pipe connection. An exception might be if there is a deliberate drain to prevent freezing. Even those shouldn't leak under pressure.
That must make quite a mess around your sink.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/23/2021 5:36 AM, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?

Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when
the faucet isn't on much.

The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.

Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?

One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almot closed,
the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.

Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Such fittings may have a washer with a thinner flexibla seal lip that
needs to be towards the male part that inserts into the coupler. If the
washer is flipped over, it will not seal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)
It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?
Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when
the faucet isn't on much.
The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?
One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almost closed,
the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.
Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Something like this ?

https://tinyurl.com/4x926dk8

Yeah, that's it, although it didn't have a Moen name, and the white
plastic part is green. Mine says on it NSF-61-G Lead Free

Leaking from the threaded-on connection ? or

No.

leaking from the snap-together connection ? both ?

Yes, just where the pieces come together, coming out I think from the
circular crack between the plastic and the metal parts of the part on
the left. Also that means there's no place for a mispositioned
washer.

When the two pieces are together, one wobbles within the other. And it
moves a full millimeter back and forth. It's not surprising that it
leaks. Maybe I should go shopping in person and find one that doesn't
wiggle.

John T.

I've got several of them and while easily swapping nozzles, sprinklers
is convenient- they do leak.

And mine do so from both the connection and the threads which like to
back out from being hand-tight. Leaking from the connection happens if
you apply lateral force to it. Sometimes crud gets into the connection
and makes leaking worse.

This is too new to have crud.

And it does make a mess. Yet several of the reviews above comment that
there is no leaking.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?

Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when
the faucet isn't on much.

The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.

Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?

Yep, the one I use for my swamp cooler doesn't leak.

One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almot closed,
the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.

Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Yep, take it back.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The washer that forms the seal is just beyond the release balls of the
release fitting. The black seal shows in the picture at
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/moe...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

The end of the male fitting should seat against that seal so that you
feel a slight springiness as you move the fittings together and apart
the last little bit. Water pressure causes the seal to press harder
against the male fitting end.

Take it back and get one that works.

When the two pieces are together, one wobbles within the other. And it
moves a full millimeter back and forth. It's not surprising that it
leaks. Maybe I should go shopping in person and find one that doesn't
wiggle.

John T.

I've got several of them and while easily swapping nozzles, sprinklers
is convenient- they do leak.

And mine do so from both the connection and the threads which like to
back out from being hand-tight. Leaking from the connection happens if
you apply lateral force to it. Sometimes crud gets into the connection
and makes leaking worse.

This is too new to have crud.

And it does make a mess. Yet several of the reviews above comment that
there is no leaking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 05:32:08 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the unbelievably retarded trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

--
Senile Rodent about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"

Bruahahahahahahahahaaa!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Are you sure you are not missing an O ring in the socket? That is the
seal in the disconnects I have and when they leak I end up putting in
a new O ring. Without it water ****es everywhere. Also be sure it is
completely seated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:36:33 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in message
On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:36:33 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

I did that to feed the water to the still cooling coils.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 19:52:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

I did that to feed the water to the still cooling coils.

Nobody asked YOU anything, you obnoxious self-opinionated bigmouth!

--
Xeno to senile Rodent:
"You're a sad old man Rod, truly sad."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/2021 2:05 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:36:33 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

Cindy Hamilton

Fill a water bed?

The same type of fittings are used for "portable" dishwashers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 11:46:44 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 4/24/2021 2:05 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:36:33 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

Cindy Hamilton

Fill a water bed?

That's a good one. It never would have occurred to me.

We have a similar fitting for the basement sink. I can't quite recall why.
Perhaps something to do with cleaning hot tub filters in the winter.

(The basement sink isn't a utility tub; it's a regular stainless kitchen
sink with a regular kitchen faucet.)

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/21 11:46 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/24/2021 2:05 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:36:33 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

Cindy Hamilton

Fill a water bed?

The same type of fittings are used for "portable" dishwashers.

Depending on what you are actually doing, a waterbed fill kit might work
better

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-Wa.../dp/B003XEXTP8

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:58:20 -0400, wrote:

On 4/24/21 11:46 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/24/2021 2:05 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:36:33 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

Cindy Hamilton

Fill a water bed?

The same type of fittings are used for "portable" dishwashers.

Depending on what you are actually doing, a waterbed fill kit might work
better

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-Wa.../dp/B003XEXTP8

I sold my waterbed in 2003 but I still have a fill kit that looks exactly
like that. I wonder why I still have that? It's not like waterbeds are
coming back into vogue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default was 15.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 19:52:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

" wrote in message
On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:36:33 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

I did that to feed the water to the still cooling coils.

Me too ... when I was 15
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/21 11:46 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/24/2021 2:05 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:36:33 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to
a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

Cindy Hamilton

Fill a water bed?

The same type of fittings are used for "portable" dishwashers.

Depending on what you are actually doing, a waterbed fill kit might work
better

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-Wa.../dp/B003XEXTP8

I sold my waterbed in 2003 but I still have a fill kit that looks exactly
like that. I wonder why I still have that? It's not like waterbeds are
coming back into vogue.

It was more like 1997 for us when I remodeled that end of the house. I
just gave the waterbed away and built a bed with the same type of
drawer storage under it set up for a king mattress. I ended up with a
void between the drawer units that I left open and it became our dog
house. 3 dogs have found it and slept there over the years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/21 11:46 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/24/2021 2:05 AM, wrote:
[...]

I put mine on CL with a 'best offer', thinking I'd maybe get $50 if I was
lucky, but a woman called and asked if I'd sell it for $1700. I told her if
she came over right away I'd even help her load it. It turned out that I
misplaced the brand new padded rails so she took it without those. I found
them about 6 months later but she had already purchased a set so I trashed
mine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 24 Apr 2021 20:16:25 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

It was more like 1997 for us when I remodeled that end of the house. I
just gave the waterbed away and built a bed with the same type of
drawer storage under it set up for a king mattress. I ended up with a
void between the drawer units that I left open and it became our dog
house. 3 dogs have found it and slept there over the years.

I put mine on CL with a 'best offer', thinking I'd maybe get $50 if I was
lucky, but a woman called and asked if I'd sell it for $1700. I told her if
she came over right away I'd even help her load it. It turned out that I
misplaced the brand new padded rails so she took it without those. I found
them about 6 months later but she had already purchased a set so I trashed
mine.

Wow. I was once looking for an appartment and found a big house for
rent, and when I asked how much it was, he asked how much I wanted to
pay! After 2 or 3 go-rounds, I said good-bye.

I wonder where she got the idea 1700 was a good price.

OTOH, I sold me previous car for $1000, a fair price, but I couldn't
find the spare keys or fobs until a month later. I emailed him a
half-dozen times and never heard back. Later ones might have bounced.

All I had was his email, no phone number.

He was a guy 50 or 60 who came with a friend to drive his car home.
Either he really liked his friend or, what I eventually thought of, he
was a flipper, and he'd already sold the car a month later and didn't
want to be bothered with more keys and fobs.