Posted to uk.d-i-y
AJH[_3_] AJH[_3_] is offline

Default Sthil ms260 rebuild

On 23/04/2021 00:45, Chade wrote:
On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 11:21:13 AM UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:48:55 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
Hi all

My sthil ms260 was starting fine but overheating and cutting out. My local garden machinery repair place told me it was because the piston/cylinder was scratched

Do you know how they knew that?

They said they had removed the muffler and so looked directly at the piston.

This is standard first call with a saw that has become difficult to
start, most often the damage is on the hot exhaust gas side and you can
see there the aluminium has smeared on the ring.