Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Electric vehicles

On 23/04/2021 00:11, Steve Walker wrote:
On 22/04/2021 21:39, Robin wrote:

As for other externalities, road pricing is more direct and gives
clearer signals to consumers.Â* Especially if it varies with when and
where.

But unfairly punishes those who have to travel to specific places at
certain times whether they like it or not.

I don't accept "unfair" is the right term when different charges reflect
different external costs but it would need selling (and I'd suggest
phasing in). And - on the third hand - people who have to drive through
an area when it's most congested are the people who stand to gain most
from reductions in congestion.

--
Robin