Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Realigning guttering

On 22 Apr 2021 at 21:53:34 BST, "Theo"
wrote:

newshound wrote:
This is a good way to do it if the vertical height of the facias is not
large enough, or perhaps if the facias are showing signs of age.

The fascia is quite new and I'd like to avoid drilling extra holes in it,
hence the question. There's sufficient overhang such that it wouldn't be
possible to fix guttering into the brick. Do adjustable brackets like this
exist for attachment to the fascia? It would need to be white to match the
PVC guttering, rather than bare metal.

Theo

The holes tend to be at the top of the ordinary plastic brackets, so if, as
makes sense, you are leaving the high side the same and raising the low side
progressively from the centre the brackets will cover the old screw holes.
This seems to me by far the easiest way to do it.

--
Roger Hayter