Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default Spank!

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 19:12:48 +0100, Snit wrote:

On Apr 18, 2021 at 10:42:24 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 00:10:43 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Right. But even the ones that work for the petroleum industry stopped
their denial of man-made global climate change.

No they didn=E2=80=99t and plenty who do deny man-made
global climate change arent paid to do that.

They did drop their denial.

Nope, plenty didn=E2=80=99t.

Here is their current page on the topic:

https://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-...climate-change

There isnt just one group of them.

There are those that still do -- I meant their "scientific" group.

Are there others still in denial?

Corse there are.

As far as those who deny it, there are about 70 scientists people point
to,
many of them dead, and several of whom are not even experts in the
field.

What matters is the evidence with science, not individuals.

Correct: though the experts will generally side with the evidence (if they
did not they would not be the experts!)

Problem is that the evidence changes, particularly with the
recent less than predicted rate of world temperature change.

At this point there is no internationally recognized scientific group
that still denies the evidence.

Science isnt about voting. At one time the vast majority of scientists
denied free radicals but then the evidence showed that they are real.

If the evidence showed it then over time the view of most scientists
likely changed. It is not like our knowledge does not grow.

And that=E2=80=99s just as true of purported man made climate change.

Its obvious that climate does change, that=E2=80=99s obvious from
the ice ages etc, but its much less clear how much of the
change we have seen is man made. It wasn=E2=80=99t that long ago
that most scientists were hyperventilating about global cooling.

Yes, we can certainly measure a substantial hike in atmospheric
CO2 levels, but its much less clear how much effect that actually
has on world temperatures, let alone climate change.

It's bloody obvious to me. We know there used to be more CO2 in the air.
And the world was perfectly fine back then.

There has been no time in the history of man when the CO2 levels were as high
as they are now.

Why does man have to be there?