Default Mattress for roll-out bed - where buy replacemement

"Walleye" wrote in message
.net...
I have an aluminum roll-out/away bed (it folds up in half and rolls out of
the way) that I need to buy a new mattress for.
I have looked in a few stores (Odd Lot, KMart) without success.

Anybody have some B&M suggestions on where I might find one of these?

The mattress is 72l x 36w x 5h. When I called a local bedding dealer
(Rockaway Bedding) they said that 72 x 36 was non-standard and I would not
find that size. They said the standard widths are typically 33 or 39
inches. I need to stop in WalMart to check.

Thanks.
Walleye

http://www.foamorder.com/ can custom cut a latex foam mattress to whatever
size you want. A 6" thick deal will probably be around $300 to $400. You
don't want the hard mattress, unless you really really really want to sleep
on something akin to granite. I had one (gave it away when I moved) and
even with my 230# frame, I'd sink no more than an inch or two into the foam.
Had to get a 4" layer of memory foam to put on top of it, and I'll tell ya,
I never slept so good. The memory foam wore out after 5 years, though.
Got a big saggy part in the center, but the latex foam is just like brand
new.
Anyway, they've got some other stuff on their website, you could get other
cheaper types of foam too, plus lots of curiously interesting technical info
on foam mattresses & their other offerings. Had the best prices when I
bought 5 years ago, dunno if that's still true these days.
--Tock