Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Electric vehicles

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 21/04/2021 14:59, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
news
On 20/04/2021 13:40, Tim+ wrote:
ANPR cameras are already all over the country monitoring your
movements.
What additional privacy issues are you worried about?

Not me; the opponents of a road pricing system. Possibly because road
pricing would need an awful lot more of them.

Romania has a visitor car tax payable by everybody (for the pedants, who
enter with a car, obviously)

Required for the use of any road, not just motorways as in many other
jurisdictions

You register for it online so your reg number is stored electronically,
and therefore can by enforced automatically. But I never did work out
how it actually was enforced.

For Westerners, it's a trivial sum of money, so no-one would deliberately
not pay it. It's more a faff that anything else

The culprit who shot and killed someone, with a crossbow, who was living
in a remote cottage on Anglesey (after interfering with his TV dish) was
caught because his ?landrover ECU had recorded all its movements.

not exactly something that's going to be examined as you pass through the
customs post on the way out

And I think all smart phones do that too.

I'm safe there then