Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT looking for a satnav app that zooms in at junctions

I'd imagine one of the ones which are used by blind people might be a good
place to look. I have no need for one myself, but they do exist, some zoom
many speak using voice over or siri.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Murmansk" wrote in message
I'm looking for an Android satnav app that zooms in the display at junctions
where it's giving an instruction. This is handy for me as my eyesight is not
good enough to see the details on a smaller display without glasses.

I've used Google Maps for ages and found it OK, but I recently tried the
paid TomTom Go Android app and liked the way it zooms in. However, the app
now doesn't seem to work and is incapable of doing a search for an address.
I've reinstalled it and it still won't work.

I tried the TomTom app some years ago and gave up on it, I'd heard that the
current one was good so gave it a try again, it was ok for a few days but
now it seems not to work so I've given up on it again. I used to think of
TomTom as the main name in satnavs but their apps are useless.

Anyone know of a satnav app that zooms in at junctions?