Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:05:03 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 4/21/2021 7:48 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:59:23 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:05:28 -0400,
wrote:

When a cop is called out to a situation,
he often only has a split second to determine
if his or someone elses life is in danger.
That job just does not pay enough for the dangers of it for me.

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.
John T.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Lee..._D_KO27,41.htm

$40,114 - $45,533

IOW 1.33 times the proposed minimum wage for a fairly new deputy.

We are paying the people who are expected to run towards the gunshots
a little more than we want to pay the guy who squirts ketchup on our
burger at McDonalds.
Something is very wrong going on here.

Lee County FLA has less than 1 million population and
$ 240 million police budget ... ?
if the staff is so underpaid -
.. one needs to ask where is that money going ! ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_County,_Florida
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Co...ffice_(Florida)

John T.

I am no expert but a retired cop told me we have far more police than
needed. Apparently in the old days when you were a cop you spent your
time on the beat. Today apparently a lot of cops are tucked away in
cubbyholes doing paper work. You can say the same thing about teachers.

That is one thing I can say about our Sheriff. They have always
embraced technology. The deputies can do almost all of their paperwork
on the laptop in their car, as things are going on. If you get a
ticket here, it is a printout from his onboard printer that is
actually the report on his ticket. He can put notes on it or whatever.
I think they fill the fields when he runs your tag.