Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 19:48:09 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:59:23 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:05:28 -0400,
wrote:

When a cop is called out to a situation,
he often only has a split second to determine
if his or someone elses life is in danger.
That job just does not pay enough for the dangers of it for me.

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.
John T.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Lee..._D_KO27,41.htm

$40,114 - $45,533

IOW 1.33 times the proposed minimum wage for a fairly new deputy.

We are paying the people who are expected to run towards the gunshots
a little more than we want to pay the guy who squirts ketchup on our
burger at McDonalds.
Something is very wrong going on here.

Lee County FLA has less than 1 million population and
$ 240 million police budget ... ?
if the staff is so underpaid -
.. one needs to ask where is that money going ! ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_County,_Florida
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Co...ffice_(Florida)

John T.

We spend over $150k a year to keep a deputy on the street doing that
math.
There are a ****load of deputies and they actually catch a lot of
crooks. It' seems worth it.
Car hopping (burglary) and other "nuisance crimes" are actually
illegal here and the deputies are serious about catching the thief. In
the big city, they might not even show up to take a report. They also
have all the newest gadgets. Their cars look like the bridge on the
Starship Enterprise.
OTOH we are not dealing with 300 drug murders every year like
Baltimore.