Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:12:15 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 02:08:54 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:58:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/20/2021 7:31 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/20/2021 5:56 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 4:44:58 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 17:16:12 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Good grief.Â*Â* They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

The 3 verdicts gives an appeal court judge the latitude to toss 2 and
still leave a charge standing if they don't toss all 3. The last I
heard the appeal was going to be based on so much publicity and
inflammatory statements from politicians that he couldn't get a fair
trial.
By the time this winds it's way through the courts we will be on to
the next outrage and nobody will really be paying much attention to
what actually happens to Chauvin.

Why should they? He'll be in prison.

It depends on whether he gets bond pending his appeal. In 2 years
nobody will remember who George Floyd was.
That may have actually been part of the plan all along. They can
vacate the top 2 counts, he gets some number of years and gets out
fairly early.
OTOH he is hoping it gets tossed but that is unlikely. We still might
not hear it if it did tho. I doubt anyone wants a new trial but I bet
in Frost Bite Falls Mn where they would acquit on all counts. .