Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Sci Fi authors

On 04/21/2021 08:06 AM, wrote:
And, with some trepidation, Patrick Rothfuss (although I expect I might be
dead before his finishes the damned trilogy).

That's better than Martin who probably will be dead before he finishes
his whatever.

I enjoyed Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series but wasn't as
enthusiastic about the magic oriented books.

Eric Flint's 1632 and the follow-ons are good too. Flint was a cofounder
of the Baen Free Library:

https://www.baen.com/allbooks/category/index/id/2012

There are a number of short story collections for variety as well as
full length works. His 1632 is there, one of Correia''s, several by
Drake, and other authors. The price is right and if you like an author
Baen has a lot of non-free books.

Disclaimer: Flint is as far left as they come but it seldom seeps
through into his fiction.