Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/21/2021 7:48 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:59:23 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:05:28 -0400,
wrote:

When a cop is called out to a situation,
he often only has a split second to determine
if his or someone elses life is in danger.
That job just does not pay enough for the dangers of it for me.

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.
John T.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Lee..._D_KO27,41.htm

$40,114 - $45,533

IOW 1.33 times the proposed minimum wage for a fairly new deputy.

We are paying the people who are expected to run towards the gunshots
a little more than we want to pay the guy who squirts ketchup on our
burger at McDonalds.
Something is very wrong going on here.

Lee County FLA has less than 1 million population and
$ 240 million police budget ... ?
if the staff is so underpaid -
.. one needs to ask where is that money going ! ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_County,_Florida
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Co...ffice_(Florida)

John T.

I am no expert but a retired cop told me we have far more police than
needed. Apparently in the old days when you were a cop you spent your
time on the beat. Today apparently a lot of cops are tucked away in
cubbyholes doing paper work. You can say the same thing about teachers.