Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default Spank!

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 23:56:53 +0100, Snit wrote:

On Apr 17, 2021 at 10:28:50 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 19:10:05 +0100, Snit wrote:

On Apr 16, 2021 at 10:59:28 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 21:15:17 +0100, Snit wrote:

On Apr 15, 2021 at 11:02:15 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 19:12:00 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Another account must be made so they don't get the last word in. The
silliest thing I got banned for was saying the word "damn". And not even
in a rude way, probably something like "the damn weather is awful today".
Turns out the admin was a religious nutter.

Yeah, I got the same thing from another religious nutter for
using the term "hell of a lot", not a moderator in that case.

You have to wonder how far we would be today if religion had not impeded
science.

Until a few hundred years ago there was not much of a split.

In English please.

The two have a history that is tied together.

I doubt it.

You have been shown evidence. Your acceptance or rejection of the evidence is
on you.

Religion did not help science. Just because some scientists were religious
means nothing. If there had been no religion, those same people would still
have become scientists.

It was not just that they were religious, they were doing research in the name
of religion. Why do you think there is a Vatican Observatory? How about the
Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences? And Islam-backed work, getting
much from the Greeks, pushed a lot in the areas of mathematics, optics,
astronomy, and medicine. Many early scientists saw studying the world as a
form of studying their idea of a deity.

Yeah and when that science they were doing produces something against the bible it's immediately discounted.

But look at you, now, you reject both religion AND much of science. Meanwhile
I am not religious but very much look to science.

I do not reject science.