Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is 14V cordless sds drill ok for diy?

On 21/04/2021 14:15, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 05:44:53 -0700 (PDT), Murmansk
wrote:

I've got a Makita 18V SDS drill and it's very good - although I've only used it for drilling 6.5mm holes in very hard brick and concrete, which it does well.

Very clearly put. But not encouraging in terms of the viability of the
14v version.

It amazes me that people do not understand that power - volts *times*
amps and with the availability of high capacity LIPO cells the actual
voltage is supremely irrelevant

14.4V is 12 nickel cells - 18v is 15.. in reality a decent cordless will
be 4 cells LIPO or about 14.8v, or maybe 5 cells at 17.1v It really
makes no ****ing difference.

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.