Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sci Fi authors

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 9:12:24 AM UTC-4, Bill Gill wrote:
On 4/20/2021 12:29 PM, AK wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for good sci-fi authors. Preferably authors and books within the last 20 years.

I understand that opinions are subjective.

Thanks.

Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series. The series stars
Peter Grant, a mixed race London Police Constable/apprentice
wizard. This is an excellent series.

I took his "sci-fi" literally, and excluded my favorite fantasy authors (of
whom Aaronvitch is one). If we're going there, I'd add:

Terry Pratchett
Jim Butcher
Neil Gaiman
Kevin Hearne
And, with some trepidation, Patrick Rothfuss (although I expect I might be
dead before his finishes the damned trilogy).

Cindy Hamilton