Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default OT: Very, very short term car insurance

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:59:07 -0700 (PDT), Scribbles
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 9:22:00 PM UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/04/2021 19:27, Clive Arthur wrote:=20
On 20/04/2021 19:02, GB wrote:=20
My son has an old banger sitting on the driveway. He wants to insure=

=20
it, take it for an mot, then stick it back on the driveway and cancel=

=20
the insurance.=20
=20
There'd be a cancellation charge, but it's cheaper than a temporary=20
policy.=20
=20
Any thoughts? Will they blacklist him?=20
=20

Just a thought for the OP: I've been told by two insurance companies that t=
here is now a legal requirement for a vehicle to be insured even if it's pa=
rked on your own property and doesn't move from one year's end to the next.=
If you don't want to insure it, the only alternative is to SORN it (Statut=
ory Off Road Notification).
Of course, whether anyone ever checks on these things, I've no idea.

My deceased neighbour, whose family have put the car securely into the
garage, received a letter threating a penalty if immediate action
wasn't taken as the car was listed with no insurance and not being
SORN'd.

It came from askMID - refer askMID.com
--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?