Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Is 14V cordless sds drill ok for diy?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 02:34:43 -0700 (PDT), Owain Lastname
wrote:

On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 10:22:01 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
I see that some cordless sds drills have massive 24V/36V, which makes
me wonder how a 14V model would cope with drilling holes through walls

Depends on the size of the hole and the sharpness of the bit.

I've seen big Hilti cordless struggle getting a satellite cable through a wall when my £50 Screwfie Special breezed through.

Owain

It would initially be a hole big enough to get a couple of LAN cables
through. The quality of the bit factor I do understand.
I currently have a Lidl, non SDS, cordless drill and it really doesnt
like to struggle. It's also quite hard to get it to keep a grip on the
bits too.
--

Mike