Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Multitool recommendation

On 20 Apr 2021 at 19:42:43 BST, "alan_m" wrote:

On 20/04/2021 15:55, newshound wrote:
On 09/04/2021 11:31, RJH wrote:
The battery on my trusty Workzone multitool has given up, and I can't
find a
replacement. I see Aldi have one on sale, but at £70 it's fairly
pricey for
their stuff.

Any recommendations? I see Makita and Bosch have mains versions for about
£100, and the main variable appears to be proprietary blades (I'd
rather avoid
unless they're a reasonable price). I could be persuaded to go
cordless, but
I'm not happy about adding yet another battery/charger type to my
collection -
and I doubt the cordless tools I've got (all Lidl/Aldi) fit current
models.

Had my old green Bosch out yesterday, still working well. Takes generic
blades. Needs allen key. For my purposes mains is fine.

+1
I've been ab(using) my old green bosch PMF180 quite a lot recently with
generic blades for Saxton.

https://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/fein-...patible-blades

Thanks - think I'll go for one of the c.£100 Bosch or Makitas. Just need to
get my head around the blade systems. I can manage with an allen key, but
tool-less would be nice. And whether Bosch's Starlock would be worth it.

--
Cheers, Rob