Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT: Lumber prices double, triple, cost of new house +25K

On 04/20/2021 12:08 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/20/2021 12:33 PM, wrote:

That is the point, you really have to be a moron to be making minimum
wage when "do you want fries with that"? or "Paper or plastic" pays
$10-$11.

There are some really slow minded people out there. Let 'em starve?

I've mentioned it before but by chance I found Vonnegut's first book in
the high school library and read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_Piano_%28novel%29

Vonnegut had yet to achieve any sort of fame. The book may have been
there because it was the Ilium High School, so to speak. Vonnegut was
working at GE Schenectady so the setting was familiar.

It hit home because I knew my path was pointed toward the local
engineering school and unless I really screwed up I would be part of the
engineering and managerial caste.

That was the early '60s and there still were good paying blue collar
jobs at the mills and factories but they were going fast.

Bring on the Ghost Shirts.