Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default OT: Lumber prices double, triple, cost of new house +25K

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:44:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/20/2021 6:16 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 14:08:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/20/2021 12:33 PM,
wrote:

That is the point, you really have to be a moron to be making minimum
wage when "do you want fries with that"? or "Paper or plastic" pays
$10-$11.

There are some really slow minded people out there. Let 'em starve?

We act like there are not a half dozen other public assistance
programs for anyone even close to the poverty level.
Starving is not what is going to be happening. They may be living with
room mates and sharing expenses but I did that for years myself in
some pretty ****ty apartments.

So if a business owner is too cheap to pay a decent wage just sign them
up for a taxpayer subsidized program. That way the CEO can still make
millions. Got it.

Back to the price of lumber. Something is wrong when you can buy
baltic birch plywood for less than sheathing grade spf